Would Trump or Clinton be better for the economy?

THE THRIFT SAVINGS PLAN ALLOCATION GUIDE Forums Message Board Would Trump or Clinton be better for the economy?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anne 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dupont Circle

A. Which of the candidates do you think would be better for the economy (and by extension, for our Thrift Savings Plan)?

B. Which candidate do you think would be better for Federal employees and military service members overall?

aoak

If any of the candidates keep their word…I believe Trump would be best for revitalizing a stagnant economy. If he brings back jobs from overseas I think it will be like kick starting an old engine…the U.S. muscle car engine of building infrastructure, creating a competitive and innovative business environment, creation of jobs and we will “win again.” I wish I could believe the whole “Make American Great Again” Slogan of the Trump campaign but we will all have “to see it to believe it.” Let’s all cross our fingers and vote!

Anne
    Participant

With either candidate, it could get a lot better, a lot worse or stay the same (just to cover all basis). I think much depends more on the make up of the house & senate.

Since Clinton intends on following in same manner as Obama, I don’t see anything really improving our economic situation if she were elected.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

With Trump, I am certain things would change but not certain of the direction.

It’s amazing that the 2 major political parties most likely candidates have the highest un-favorability ratings ever. Despite having to pick the lesser of 2 evils I believe what my Texas History Professor taught us…You should Vote Early & Often!

ShinyPartsUp

I just can’t imagine another 4 or 8 years of a continuing Obama economy. At least Trump will shake things up. With change comes investment opportunities. Trump wasn’t my first choice, but Clinton is at the bottom of my list.

Anne
    Participant

After watching both Democratic & Republican conventions, I don’t think I can bring myself to vote for either. I think I’ll be voting Libertarian–Gary Johnson & William Weld ticket.

How Libertarian Gary Johnson Could Make This The Weirdest Presidential Election Ever

Anne
    Participant

A little dated, but interesting evaluation of different issues
    How Bad Will The New President Be For The Economy?

A Comparison of Presidential Tax Plans and Their Economic Effects Does not include Libertarian party

Which Party Is Better for the Economy? supports Democratic party is better

FiveThirtyEight is an interesting website shows current odds of each candidate winning.
    Who will win the presidency? Their Now-Cast actually has Trump with a slightly higher chance of winning if elections were held today

Bren

Trump has shown some support for privatization. He has a path for privatization of the VA in his plans for that agency. As an employee of the FAA, with Bill Shuster supporting Trump and chomping at the bit to privatize the FAA, I must go against every fiber of my being and vote for HRC. The Donald might not be out promoting privatization across the board, but my fear is he will be easily persuaded to do so.

I agree I think HRC is going to have a difficult time getting this economy rip roaring as the only way to get this done in my opinion is with some serious fiscal stimulus and I’m not sure she’d be willing or able to work with the republicans in the House to get that done. I’m not sure how we do that with the deeply divided 2 party system we live in today.

I’m all for bettering the greater good but think globally vote locally. Privatization could have some serious impacts on your lives as a federal employees.

Anne
    Participant

With the dislike of the two major party candidate, does anyone have any idea what a Libertarian’s impact on the economy would be?
    Johnson/Weld
    Ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGD8gJt7weU
    Townhall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxEJd7U13zA

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.