TSPallocation.com is Number One (with a bullet)!

THE THRIFT SAVINGS PLAN ALLOCATION GUIDE Forums Message Board TSPallocation.com is Number One (with a bullet)!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TS Paul 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

TS Paul
    Keymaster

The below ranking of year-to-date allocation returns was sent to me by a reader. I understand that he obtained the data from the nice folks over at TSP Strategy and did a little editing to add our site and the TSP’s L Funds to the list and turn it into a straight up ranking. I haven’t been to any of these sites to confirm these numbers (and frankly didn’t know that most of them exist), but I was tickled to see where we apparently are as we approach the end of the first year.

NAME……YEAR TO DATE RETURN (COST)

TSP Allocation Guide…..34.4% (free)
    Maximizing TSP…………27.6% ($240/yr)
    L 2050………………………..23.75%
    TSP Wealth………………21.2% (free)
    L 2040………………………..21.08%
    L 2030………………………..18.32%
    TSP Strategy…………….17.1% (free)
    Coolhand…………………16.0% (free)
    TSP Key………………….15.5% ($100/yr)
    L 2020……………………….14.59%
    Rev Shark………………..14.5% ($199/yr)
    TSP Advisor………………13.7% ($120/yr)
    TSP Millionaire…………..13.1% ($120/yr)
    TSP Folio…………………12.9% ($70/yr)
    Intrepid Timer…………….11.7% ($200/yr
    TSP Max………………….10.3% ($100/yr)
    TSP Talk …………………..8.6% ($179/yr)
    L Income………………………6.35%
    TSP Evolution……………..3.9% ($100/yr)
    Relevant……………………0.8% ($24/yr)
    TSP Kiss…………………..(-0.6%)($240/yr)

The following do not list YTD returns:
    The Fed Trader……………(free)
    TSP Pilot…………………..($150/yr)

If you see anything above which is inaccurate, please let me know and I will correct it.

The market is so capricious that odds are excellent we won’t always be on top of the list, but hopefully we will stay near the top. As always, my goal here is not to encourage you to blindly follow what I do in my TSP account, but rather to create a forum so we can all benefit from each others’ ideas and experiences.

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

Zach

It would be great if you could give us an idea of what to expect with this business cycle approach in a bear market. As you quoted…Everyone looks like a genius in a bull market.

Thanks,
    Zach

TS Paul
    Keymaster

Check out FAQ #7 for a discussion of what the economic indicators looked like in the run up to the last bear market: http://www.tspallocation.com/faq/#number7

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.