TSP Value

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TS Paul 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Khanh Barker

Just curious as to why my TSP account would go down in value if all the market index was up this Friday 24 April 2015, I have my TSP allocation as S Fund 60% and C Fund 40%, my total account lost $45, you would think it would go up in value if all the stock market index was up?

TS Paul
    Keymaster

The TSP S Fund (which tracks the Wilshire 4500 Completions Index) was actually down on Friday (-0.27%) and the TSP C Fund was only up 0.25%, so it makes sense that your total Thrift Savings Plan balance was down that little bit. The big news in the markets Friday was all in the tech heavy Nasdaq – those stocks are all in either the S Fund or the C Fund, but their big day didn’t outweigh the drag of the other sectors which didn’t do as well.

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

Khanh Barker

Thank you for the information, I didn’t even know about the Wilshire 4500 completion Index, I have added it to my list of things to track so I can get an idea how the S fund will do each day. What about the C Fund is there a index that it tracks also?

TS Paul
    Keymaster

The TSP C Fund is based on the S&P 500. If you are plugging that into a charting webpage or app, you usually use ^GSPC.

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.