Transfer to C fund when stock prices high?

THE THRIFT SAVINGS PLAN ALLOCATION GUIDE Forums Message Board Transfer to C fund when stock prices high?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TS Paul 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Joel

Hi TS Paul,
    Firstly, thank you for your time and all the valuable information provided on this blog. I feel grateful to have found your site.

I have been in federal service for almost 10 years, with most of that time spent solely in the G fund. 🙁

About a year ago, I moved all of my contributions to L2040 and L2050 funds as I am quite far from retiring. After realizing through your blog that a bulk of the L funds still are in G funds, I am convinced I should move all my current balance (and future contributions) in to the C fund as you are doing, but I am confused if I should do this right now given the current high price of stocks you mention wanting to avoid in your March 2017 analysis? Will I be losing money by making an interfund transfer from L to C at this time?

In short, how can I make up for lost time and make the money I have in TSP so far, work harder for me moving forward?

Thank you!

TS Paul
    Keymaster

Check out FAQs #2 and #3. http://www.tspallocation.com/faq/#number2

In general, if I think we are in an improving market, I will move my money all at once. If I am unsure or am trying to find the bottom of a declining market, I will move my money over time.

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.