open season and insurance

THE THRIFT SAVINGS PLAN ALLOCATION GUIDE Forums Message Board open season and insurance

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anne 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

fed in rockville

An off-topic request. I wanted to get a sense of what insurance companies and plans federal employees in the dmv area were using and how happy or unhappy they were with them.

I’m not too happy with mine, so I’m thinking about changing.

Thanks

Anne
    Participant

I don’t currently live in the area, but I always have used FFS plans that are nationwide. I used to drive through MD briefly everyday between home & work. I like FFS because you can go to any doctor you want but pay a little more for out of network providers. You may want to check with the doctors you want to keep and see what insurances they accept.

I believe any Federal Employee can use Blue Cross(BCBS)/Blue or MHBP (despite the name); some like Compass & Foreign Service (FSBP) are limited to certain agencies. I’m just changed from BCBS to FSBP as I know someone that has it and loves it and BCBS is really expensive for the family option. OPM has a pretty good comparison tool https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/plan-information/compare-plans/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.