New Here

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  stan smith verte 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Uncutbulldog
    Participant

Hello Team,

I am an AD military guy (jealous of you FERS guys – matching) that has had my TSP account since 2006. I just started maxing contributions 4 years ago. I am currently 75% C / 25% S. This is the most aggressive I have ever been. I am 39 years old with 153k in my TSP account. I would like to get to the big $1,000,000 someday. I doubt it will happen but since I will have a pension, I have been very aggressive with my Roth IRA and Vanguard taxable account as well.

I just wanted to say hi and let the community know that I am very versed with the active duty roles when it comes to TSP. I contributed a total of $28086.56 ($10086.56 tax exempt / $18k Roth) to TSP this year due to a deployment.

Nice to meet you.

Jeff

jesse

Hey Jeff.

I am Jesse. I am also AD in the world’s greatest military. I have been in for almost 5 years with about 33k in my TSP. I plan on hitting that million also. I am 25, almost 26.

Jesse

Anne
    Participant

Welcome to the board & Thank You for your service. Setting & working towards a goal increases your chances of getting there…good luck in you investments!

bruin79

Hey Jeff I’m retired military after 28 years of active duty and now a civil service employee, sure wished they offered TSP back in my days but when I retired in 2009 and got a low GS position I decided to go full out in the TSP with started with 6% then up to 50% now of my pay each month, and have built up a good sum, I won’t have enough time to hit a million but I will hopefully get close to half of that when I finally retired in then 8 years or so.

M K
    Participant

Jeff,

welcome to the community. You’ll find lots of helpful information and advice here. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Max

adidas originals js

A 90-minute match can last more than two hours if they stop the match a thousand times.

stan smith verte

Paul PogbaReuters11Paul Pogba scores a dramatic late winner for Man United against MiddlesbroughTHE worlds most-expensive footballer is starting to deliver.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.