New Fed: To rollover or not to rollover?

THE THRIFT SAVINGS PLAN ALLOCATION GUIDE Forums Message Board New Fed: To rollover or not to rollover?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  marine1345 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

marine1345
    Participant

I am a recently hired 36 year old new fed with a 401(k) from a previous employer worth about $115,000. Should I roll this over into the TSP?

TS Paul
    Keymaster

Without knowing more about your existing 401(k) plan, it is hard to say. I know that most of the 401(k) plans I have looked at have such high expenses (and in some cases such poor investment options) relative to the Thrift Savings Plan, that I would roll over without any hesitation at all. On the other hand, if your current fees are low and you are happy with what you can invest in (and there may be some value to having a slightly wider range of options than you get in the TSP), there is no harm in sticking with what you have. Generally though, lower fees win out almost every time.

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

marine1345
    Participant

Thanks. I am pretty sure I am going to roll it over into the TSP. I do like the low fees!

Love the blog!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.