I Fund Update

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TS Paul 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dan

Good morning,

I found this site in August 2013. During that month, you mentioned a possible high rish move into the I fund. In September, you said it wasnt a good strategy. I had some money in the I fund when I began keeping up with your blog and decided to keep it for the time being. Any update on the I Fund?

TS Paul
    Keymaster

Thanks for keeping me on track. You can tell I have only been putting this out for a few months and am not into a groove and covering everything yet, but I will make sure that I start addressing my thoughts regarding the I Fund in each monthly update going forward.

If the S Fund wasn’t doing as extraordinarily well as it has been (up 27.4% year to date and 31% over the last 12 months), I would be taking a harder look at the I Fund. But it is hard for me to take money out of something which is doing so well when I don’t see any indications in the data which I look at to make me believe there is a fundamental change in the US economic cycle.

My sense is that Europe has turned the corner and is into its recovery phase. But I don’t have a great sense of how well that means the I Fund will perform or how consistent it will be. I’m not ready to move any of my allocation into the I Fund at this point, but not because I think it isn’t going to generally trend up. I believe it is probably going to do well over the next year, so while it is not for me right now, I don’t think it is a bad idea.

I will give it some more thought and study once the circus leaves DC.

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.