Crimea, Russia and business cycle

THE THRIFT SAVINGS PLAN ALLOCATION GUIDE Forums Message Board Crimea, Russia and business cycle

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DrWx 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DrWx

I would like to thank you for posting some wonderful and insightful information on this webpage that you have created. I had a question concerning your thoughts on the whole Crimea/Ukraine situation involving Russia. With talks of sanctions and market volatility, do you feel that this outside influence may have an influence on the business cycle as presently viewed? Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work.

TS Paul
    Keymaster

Thanks for starting this thread. That is one of the topics I am planning to address if I ever get this month’s update out.

While new surprises from that region will certainly cause some market volatility, I don’t think it is likely to impact the business cycle as long as it is contained to a conflict between Ukraine and Russia. The only way I could see the US business cycle being altered is if a shooting war breaks out which draws in other countries in Western Europe, tanking the European economy and pulling ours down with it. I think the odds of that are extremely low and there would be a lot of intermediate steps between here and there.

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

DrWx

Awesome! I look forward to your update when you get the chance to post it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.