Chicken little the sky is falling?!?!

THE THRIFT SAVINGS PLAN ALLOCATION GUIDE Forums Message Board Chicken little the sky is falling?!?!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rolfeskj 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DanDan
    Participant

I understand this is going to be a minor correction (5%ish), or is this the beginning of the major correction?

I’m not moving/touching my TSP since I’m in it for the long haul, but I’m just wondering what everybody thinks about these latest developments.

In my IRA’s I took out my volatile stocks and upped my utility/staple product stocks. Or would you say I’m jumping the ship too soon on this?

Doesn’t matter, I made my choice, but I’m just wanting to hear individuals input on my move 😉

rolfeskj
    Participant

I think this is just a minor correction, 5% – 10%, and the market will keep going up but become more volatile. Like most experts I think 2019 – 2020 we will hit a recession but I am not sure what will cause it. And honestly you need something to cause it, time has never caused a recession.

I have half my money in the I Fund that is failing right now. But if it ever recovers I may start putting some into the G Fund, maybe 10% -20% and the rest in C Fund. Front there every 3 -6 months I might put a but more in the G Fund. But that all depends if I can recover some money from I missed out on being in the under preforming I fund.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.