Business cycles

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TS Paul 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Timothy

I am new to the concept of business cycle investing and have become greatly interested in the concept, since it is based on objective evidence versus talking heads in the finance world who may have other motives to their advise.
    I found this explanation of the business cycle on a website. It explains the circumstances that dictate where in the business cycle the economy is at a given time. I am curious to see if the folks on the forum and TS Paul believe we are now between point 3 and point 4 on the graph at this website. Also any comments on the narrative from this website, explaining the different points in the business cycle, would be appreciated.

http://www.peterdag.com/s_files/bOmPGmPkMsvB.pdf

TS Paul
    Keymaster

Thanks for the pointer – I hadn’t seen that site before. Very interesting that the author leads with the ISM number as his first indicator. I don’t think I have seen that before (except on the ISM site).

Give me a day or two to take a closer look and see how this matches up with what I think I know before I give an opinion. But looks like am interesting twist on what I basically do at first glance.

Thanks, TS

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.