2015 TSP Returns

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TS Paul 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anne
    Participant

My calculations based on price:
    (12/31/15 – 12/31/14) / 12/31/14
    G 2.04%
    F 0.91%
    C 1.46%
    S -2.92%
    I -0.51%

Can’t figure out how you get to TS’s figures in his tweet.

TS Paul
    Keymaster

That’s odd. I always get my numbers from TSPCenter.com’s Charts and Returns page. I assumed that their system was using the same simple formula as you did above. We will have to see what TSP.gov comes out with when they get around to updating it this week (although but some of their numbers have been off in the past). It does seem like they, of all websites, should have things set up to¬†update automatically after the close each day.

I have had getting updated-daily TSP returns onto the website as a goal for a while, but that is beyond my programming/website design abilities at this stage so I will have to outsource or find a volunteer to do it when I eventually get around to that.

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

Anne
    Participant

I like blog http://tspn0w.blogspot.com/?view=classic – he gives daily, weekly, monthly and yearly updates that seem pretty accurate

It looks like they must have corrected/updated TSP Center because they have correct figures now.

Do you use the fantasy TSP at TSP Center? I was scrolling through the different member allocations and found 1 with your current allocation, but I doubt that it is you based on content of your updates and the number of IFTs for the account. I was looking for someone that has a subscription website but it indicated that it was hidden.

TS Paul
    Keymaster

I don’t use any fantasy TSP sites – just no time for that sort of thing in my schedule. And I suppose I am already laying myself out there and competing publicly enough with this site. No fantasy sports for me either though, so maybe that’s a theme with me.

And I do see that TSP.gov’s 2015 numbers match yours. Good catch.

The TSP Allocation Guide www.TSPallocation.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.